Tuesday, January 15, 2008

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get back to being more active on this here blog, but as Murphy's Law would have it, guess what--my computer started acting out.

And I mean it was baaaaaad. Like, nothing was hardly working. I couldn't even hit a return key without some weird characters showing up.

So, thank God for my Apple Care Protection plan that I have on my Mac or I would've been headed straight up sh*t's creek. Lovely!

First of all, let me say...
Happy New Year Everyone

I really missed writing on here and I've been brainstorming a lot of ideas to talk about...so before I go into my own, I'll address the *special request* in the comment section:

Al Sharpton



Okay, contrary to popular belief, I really don't have too many bad things to say about that man lol.

First of all, it takes balls of steel and a lot of pride and dignity for a grown ass man to rock a perm such as his (you see that picture, brotha got the nerve to have BODY!). I've only seen visible new growth ONCE, and that was when he was jailed for peaceful demonstration (or it could've been violent, I don't really recall, it was awhile ago). That man is on top of his touchup game better than I and most women I know.

In the last election, when Sharpton ran for President, I actually voted for him in the Georgia primaries. In one of my first blog posts here at Brave New Girl, I talked about why. Feel free to go back and read what I had to say about it!

In regards to current goings on with Big Al, that is, his current picketing/protesting outside of the Golf Channel...well, first of all, him calling upon Black folks to boycott watching the Golf Channel, I don't know about y'all, but I don't know any Black people that really be watchin' it in the first place. So that kinda makes that lil request null and void. But besides that, you know, I really hate when White people get all upset and sighing all heavily when he comes out to start protesting. The way I see it, if y'all (White folks) are so tired of him, then maybe you'd watch your mouths more as not to rub him the wrong way.

I mean, the man is an activist. That's what he does! Don't act surprised when he comes out to get active and activate *whatever*. I don't think Sharpton is as sensitive as much as some White folks be real reckless with theirs...like ole girl who's the commentator on the Golf Channel. We all know, lowkey, be it a Black person or White person, don't nobody have no business talking about somebody needs to get lynched.

I know y'all feel me on that one. Especially in her line of work, where she comments on things--as a commentator you're supposed to be a great speaker on your feet and not prone to say random out of pocket sh*t.

So there you have it. My thoughts on Sharpton :-D

Don't think I forgot about your Love on Tuesday either!

EPMD- You Gots Ta Chill



Today's Black History Fact:

January 15:

1908- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, the first African-American sorority is founded at Howard University

Happy Centennial Founders Day to you Ladies!

1929: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., is born in Atlanta, Georgia

"Would you sell both your eyes for a million dollars...or your two legs...or your hands...or your hearing? Add up what you do have, and you'll find that you won't sell them for all the gold in the world. The best things in life are yours, if you can appreciate them."
- Dale Carnegie

3 comments:

Lola Gets said...

I am sooo glad to see you back! I was bout to delete you from my blogroll, lol. I hope your knee is steadily imporving.
:)

L

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

and happy napy new year to u too, hope u dont mind me stumbling her, i followed my folk THA 1 let me know what u think about this one folk.chk out my post about the King THANK WE FREE

Lola Gets said...

Ok, I have an email addy on my profile now, so please email me when you get this! I hope everythings going well for you.

L