Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The slippery slope of not blogging is pretty self explanatory. One day turns into a few days, and before you know it, you're halfway into a new month and you haven't said anything.

In The 48 Laws of Power, the 16th law says you should "use absence to increase respect and honor".

While I can dig it, the world in which I blog is way too big for me to feeling myself all hard to go there. And, in essence, I'm really just a slave to my readers.

If I don't write often enough, people eventually stop coming to read. But even when I was writing consistently, I never had a real handle on who was reading or how often they were.

The real challenge for me in all of this is simply not knowing what you all want. And not that I should simply write to cater to you all first, but every now and then I do like to appease and appeal. I struggle with the same battle every time I think about writing a new post. Do I do something personal? Or do I rant about something random in pop culture? Do I share my thoughts on something political? Or provide links to free music?

There's upsides and downsides to having a blog that's a mixed bag of nuts, and I'm trying my best (in my head) to narrow it down to what you all like. I suppose I'll never know unless I....

ASK!

So, if any of you out there still are dropping in to Brave New Girl, please leave me a comment with something that you'd like for me to either continue doing, do less/more of. I'll be checking back periodically on what you folks think. And once I feel like I've got a nice chunk of ideas to work with, then I promise promise promise to make a genuine effort to post more often.

Ummm, if you know me in real life, do not call me, do not hit me up on AIM with suggestions. Leave them in the comment section like everyone else! (Yes, this means YOU-Michael F.)

5 comments:

Lola Gets said...

Im calling you right now!
*dialing the phone*
sike
I like your blog because its so diverse. You talk about politics, social issues, womens issues, your own issues, etc. Your blog is about your interests, and I like that! So, I dont have any serious requests regarding content, but I would like to see you post more....like 2-3 times a week...? You can do that!
:)
L

Lantern said...

I tend to agree with lola - you tend to speak what's on your mind, which leads to a plethora of issues, along with a healthy dose of what goes on in your daily life. In particular I'm a fan of your Love on Tuesdays. I know I'd never be good at keeping up with writing a blog, but I truly enjoy reading the blogs of my friends, so please don't stop.

Lantern said...

I've got one - please talk about Al Sharpton. I can't stand that man.

Anonymous said...

Definitely enjoy the diversity of the site. Come back soon

MP said...

you've been tagged!

http://friedchickenandmaduros.blogspot.com/2008/01/tag-im-it.html