Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Guess Who's Bizzack

Yep, I know, I haven't written in ages.

To be honest, I was just feeling overwhelmed by a lot of things, and I just needed some time to sort through all my feelings and, in every sense of the phrase, "get my ish together".

Which, to a degree, I have :-)

I received a job offer, unfortunately, I decided to turn it down. I could go into all the details about it, but when in theory, it was just better that I not take it. So it's back to the drawing board, but I'm feeling a little more confident about my job search.

I joined the Urban League's Young Professionals here (at the urging of my mother), and I've met some really great, like-minded people around my age to hang with. So that gives me a reason to get out of the house.

After my second surgery, my knee is doing MUCH better, I can bend it to 115 degrees now (y'all when I started my physical therapy it could only go to 20!). So, I'm waaay more mobile now!

I met a guy here, who I've been hanging out with for the past 2-3 weeks. It's funny because, he was at Morehouse and I was at Clark Atlanta at the same time, we know a lot of the same people, and we never crossed paths until now. And how random is it that I found a Morehouse dude here in Milwaukee--I swore I was done with them when I left Atlanta! lol But yea, he's fun, we're taking things really slow, and trying to get to know each other better.

So, that's what's been going on in my world for the past several weeks.

Thank you sooo much dollar short (I wish I could link you!), Naturally Sophia, Lola, and MP for your kind and encouraging words. They truly did help . It was very comforting to know that I wasn't alone and that people who I've never even met genuinely care about me!

*Lola* Thanks for putting me on blast, I promise I will email you!!!

2 comments:

MP said...

I am so happy that things are turning around for you. Mine are still getting worse I mean I literally had to step out of work to boo hoo and that is not me. but reading about things coming together for you makes me feel excited about the deterioration in my own life because it gets better (really!!!!). So you're welcome and thank YOU!

Lola Gets said...

*pssht*
You know you lyin.
But I am glad youre feeling better and getting back out into the world!
:)
L