Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :-)
I hope you all are finding many things to be thankful for.
Sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual, but if you've been reading, you know what it is. Anywho, I hope you enjoy today's post--seeing that I'm on an extreme relax mode, and I've already watched my Packers serve up the Lions quite nicely.
So, throughout the game, you know, they show commercials. I peeped this interesting one.
I thought it was actually pretty hilarious.
It makes me wonder, either white people are onto us (Blacks) or we're really not as different as we think we are. Imagine that commercial, same scenarios, just with Black people. In most instances, unless you're one of those self-righteous types, it'd just be "nigga" instead of "dude".
Interesting concept if they are onto us, because I've been peeping commercials where sometimes we are subliminally made fun of. For example, the Geico caveman commercials. We all know that we can be especially race-sensitive at times...
Tell me you haven't been someplace and saw an advertisement and was just like "ain't this 'bout a B". Yea, you know you have!
And if we aren't being made fun of, directly or indirectly, aren't we being exploited?
I really hate that commercial.
I hope you all are finding many things to be thankful for.
Sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual, but if you've been reading, you know what it is. Anywho, I hope you enjoy today's post--seeing that I'm on an extreme relax mode, and I've already watched my Packers serve up the Lions quite nicely.
So, throughout the game, you know, they show commercials. I peeped this interesting one.
I thought it was actually pretty hilarious.
It makes me wonder, either white people are onto us (Blacks) or we're really not as different as we think we are. Imagine that commercial, same scenarios, just with Black people. In most instances, unless you're one of those self-righteous types, it'd just be "nigga" instead of "dude".
Interesting concept if they are onto us, because I've been peeping commercials where sometimes we are subliminally made fun of. For example, the Geico caveman commercials. We all know that we can be especially race-sensitive at times...
Tell me you haven't been someplace and saw an advertisement and was just like "ain't this 'bout a B". Yea, you know you have!
And if we aren't being made fun of, directly or indirectly, aren't we being exploited?
I really hate that commercial.

4 comments:
I just saw this one, and I hate it as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eN9KP6lOZs
I love the Bud commercial. When you catch yourself smiling at a commercial without even knowing it is excellent.
Peace.
Alright dammit, what do I have to do to get you to email me??
lol
L
Ok, I know youre infirm due to your knee surgeries, but have you thought about applying for temporary disability? You said you quit working due to your knee problems, so you might be eligible. Try looking at your city's website or asking a social worker at the hospital you had your surgery in. I know it worked for some friends of mine who had to go on bed rest during their pregnancies.
L
Post a Comment