Poor Marion Jones.I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for her. I've been a fan of Marion Jones since she ran track and played ball for North Carolina. I remember watching her capture those 5 medals in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.
What makes this whole debate with steroids in professional sports begs the question "what would have been?". Would she have won all those medals? Would she be as fast and as strong? The notion that someone is taking steroids leaves much to be desired. We never know what they are fully (in)capable of. Are steroids performance-enhancing or performance-enabling for the athletes that take them?
Will athletes like Jones vehemently deny their participation in taking steroids until they realize that their careers are over? She hasn't won a race in years and is reportedly in deep financial trouble. Is she finally revealing the truth because she genuinely feels guilty or because she's looking to capitalize from it?
Only time will tell.
On a Lighter Note
Happy Birthday to my Best Friend Kaari!!!Today Kaari turns 23 with her old self. This pic is of her at Mardi Gras (without me ::tear::). She's down in the N.O. in law school at Tulane.
Kaari and I have known each other since move-in day at Clark Atlanta (M-Phi-M!). She stayed across the hall from me in the Merner Penthouse (lol), we were both Political Science majors together. Basically she and I are like long lost sisters by extremely high yellow women.
::Cue the violins:: Aside from it being her birthday and shouting her out, I also want to let her know that I love her to pieces and I am super proud of her and all her accomplishments. She really is the shit you guys, and I am really glad to say that she's my friend. She and I have been through A LOT together (trust me, it's been through the fire), and I'm extremely blessed to have her in my life. I wish I was in the N.O. this weekend to help her celebrate, but she knows I am in no position to hop on a plane down there (the left knee is at 55 degrees now...without struggle there is no progress!! lol). But yea, since she faithfully reads my sorry ass blog, lol, and only a true friend would subject themselves to my mediocre journalistic skills, I am left with no choice but to return the love.
Have A Great Weekend Everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment