
I'm 'bout sick of that word. And damn for the people I know that continually breathe longevity into the life of it every time they open their mouths saying it.
I was talking to a friend of mine who I went to college with (even though he went to Morehouse) and we're just catching up. I ask him what he's up to these days, he says "I'm down here in Atlanta, staying with 'wifey'". Had it not been for the fact that the basis of our conversation was solely to get 're-acquainted", I would've promptly said "don't ever let me hear you say that again."
Seriously, I thought "wifey" died with Next's career...which, ironically, probably died sooner than later because of that damn song. I remember an ex-boyfriend of mine really liked that song back when it came out.
He's fat now.--I'm just sayin'...
Even another dude I had a fling with, who has a girlfriend now, continues to refer to her as "wifey". That sh*t is super annoying like, no one is mad at the fact that you think so much of a woman that you're at the point of strongly considering marrying her. That, in itself, is a beautiful thing. "Wifey", on the other hand isn't...in fact it kinda diminishes the sincerity and importance of the actual word "wife". You don't see chicks walkin around here like "this is hubby" cuz it sounds stupid as hell, plus you're obviously feeling yourself way hard...
And most times, "wifey" is just slang for "this is my main girl", which means dude is probably hittin' something on the side--this is usually the deal in most cases.
Besides, "wifey" is like, stoopid old. If you're saying "wifey" you're probably still saying "off the hook", "the bomb", and "stop the press".
Cut this wifey business out, please!

1 comment:
ohhhh... I never knew what that term meant!
Thanks!
Post a Comment