Really, I am. And here's one of many reasons why:
Earlier today I was talking with my best friend, Kaari about ole boy I was feeling. Somehow, someway, instead of referring to him by his name, or even just "ole boy", he then became a "nice, yummy slice of cake." Yesterday, I came to the conclusion that I should just throw the towel in on this situation. Not only because I saw it going absolutely no where, but because, although I have the time, I simply have more important things that my energy needs to be shifted towards.

So Kaari insists that I not throw the nice, yummy slice of cake away. The conversation is now metaphorical, so much to that my thoughts are in metaphors. I'm thinking "who even cut me a slice of the cake and said I could have it in the first place?". She said I need to just hold on to the cake, wrap it up in some saran, and stick it in the fridge.
Which can work. The only problem is, like cake, if I put someone I'm feeling to the side indefinitely, who knows when I'll decide I want it? When and if I do, is it even gonna be good anymore? Will it have gone bad? Or maybe I had a taste for it then, and by the time I figured it was time to eat it, I don't even want it anymore.
Or worse, which is probably more likely to happen, I decide I want the cake, and I wait too long, and somebody done already got to it!
So then I start thinking about the cake in the refrigerator, all by its lonesome. And this song started playing in my head...
And at this point I had to end the conversation, because I realized that my mind had gone to a place called "mildly retarded" and "ignorant as hell".
Earlier today I was talking with my best friend, Kaari about ole boy I was feeling. Somehow, someway, instead of referring to him by his name, or even just "ole boy", he then became a "nice, yummy slice of cake." Yesterday, I came to the conclusion that I should just throw the towel in on this situation. Not only because I saw it going absolutely no where, but because, although I have the time, I simply have more important things that my energy needs to be shifted towards.

So Kaari insists that I not throw the nice, yummy slice of cake away. The conversation is now metaphorical, so much to that my thoughts are in metaphors. I'm thinking "who even cut me a slice of the cake and said I could have it in the first place?". She said I need to just hold on to the cake, wrap it up in some saran, and stick it in the fridge.
Which can work. The only problem is, like cake, if I put someone I'm feeling to the side indefinitely, who knows when I'll decide I want it? When and if I do, is it even gonna be good anymore? Will it have gone bad? Or maybe I had a taste for it then, and by the time I figured it was time to eat it, I don't even want it anymore.
Or worse, which is probably more likely to happen, I decide I want the cake, and I wait too long, and somebody done already got to it!
So then I start thinking about the cake in the refrigerator, all by its lonesome. And this song started playing in my head...
And at this point I had to end the conversation, because I realized that my mind had gone to a place called "mildly retarded" and "ignorant as hell".

1 comment:
...no one likes dried up cake from the fridge... but when it's 3am and you just came from the club... it can be the best thing since sliced bread...
Holla.
Post a Comment