Perhaps I was a bit hasty in my selection of last week's Brave New Girl, Amy Winehouse. ::sigh:: I don't even wanna talk about it!So, this week I chose the uber wonderful Jill Scott.
Seriously, this chica needs no introduction!
Miss Scott has shed some skin this summer by divorcing her much sung about, longtime beau and husband Lyzel Williams (I certainly didn't see that one coming).
At the end of September, she'll be dropping her fifth album titled The Real Thing. I am definitely looking forward to that!
In addition to making beautiful music, she's founded a charity organization, Blues Babe Foundation, which is devoted to providing financial assistance for students in the greater Philaldelphia area to attend college. That's what's up!
AND...this October, Miss Scott will be starring in the Tyler Perry film Why Did I Get Married?
Clearly, she is doing her thing and I ain't mad at her!
Is it just me or does she look absolutely beautiful in this pic?! (NO HOMO!) lol
So for this Friday, I will leave you all with a great performance by Miss Jill Scott, the poet! (homegirl is multi-talented!)
Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:
Hey! Thanks for stopping by, I attend Clayton State University in Morrow (Southside!) lol, come back anytime!
I love Jill Scott & Amy Winehouse btw, fav songs by both are "Lyzel in E Flat (He loves me)"
whatever the correct title is lol & "Fuck Me Pumps"
Post a Comment