
Umm, Gross!!!
If you haven't seen or heard by now, this is Senator Larry Craig (R-ID)--say hi!, who recently just got busted by an undercover police officer in an airport bathroom for lewd conduct.
In other words, dude is gay. He looks kinda gay doesn't he, like that nasty old man on Family Guy that's always trying to molest Chris!
Now, I don't have a problem with open or closet gays or ones that are elected officials. But I do have a problem with these Republicans that are so determined not to separate church and state issues. Personally, I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman. But you know, that's just my personal beliefs. Who am I to impose those on the rest of y'all?
But this dude right here. I mean, dude is on some for real Mark Foley type mess (minus underage boys...at least not yet). He's been combating accusations of being gay for years, and not that I think that it's the general public's business what your sexual orientation is, when you're a servant of the public, there's just some things you really gotta come clean about. Being gay is one of them.
Plus this dude's voting record is straight boo-boo. Not only did he support the Federal Marriage Amendment (which bars gays from getting married), he also voted to abandon parts of New Orleans that were severely damaged by Hurricane Katrina!!!
Republicans have really been handing their asses to themselves for the past several years now. With both Karl Rove and Alberto Gonzales dipping out, on top of Mark Foley's scandal last year involving underage male congressional pages, and now this corny ass sleaze-bag from Idaho tryin' to get his George Michael on, this war that they waged against Democrats (who they view as immoral left-wingers) has been a losing one.
I don't hold Republicans to a higher standard than Democrats. They're people too. But, they don't strike me as honest people. They're judgmental, holier-than-thou and condemning, which is so strange to me because many of them are hiding some deep, dark secrets. Telling the truth about something can be painful, but it's a liberating. I mean, imagine what the world would be like if politicians were honest with themselves and the rest of us citizens?
What repulses me the most in all of this isn't the lewd acts or behavior, but the hypocrisy. I mean, yea I'm flawed and imperfect, but I'm not out here living a lie and trying to sell y'all magic beans to buy into it. This stuff is crazy, and if this is the direction that our political system seems to be headed towards (regardless of what party affiliation), then I'm officially freaked out! First the priests up in the church now our elected leaders!

2 comments:
Another blog, Rachels Tavern, asked how many more Republicans were going to do down in scandal, before Bush's term is up? I think thats a damned good question, considering how many have been scandalized in this calendar year alone, lol.
L
Good post sis, glad i found ur site. it just makes me shake my head and chuckle at the hypocrisy that this nation is built on. sad, but still kinda funny to see another one go DOWN.
Post a Comment